Commerce Updates

Updating Commerce Professionals

I-T reminders on way to 12 lakh high spenders for not filing tax returns

Published on Sunday, 30 June 2013 06:45 // , , ,

Tightening its noose on those who do not pay taxes, the Income Tax Department has started sending letters around 12- lakh assessees who are high spenders but do not file returns, a top finance ministry official said.''The I-T department has started follow up of around 12-lakh assessees who have not filed their returns despite being high spenders,'' the official told PTI. The department had earlier issued letters to 1.75-lakh high priority assessees for not filing tax returns.Finance minister P Chidambaram had met top I-T officials on Tuesday to discuss ways to augment revenue collection and widen the tax base.The tax department has prepared a list of non-filers based on their information records.


0 comments

Leave a comment

Subscribe to our RSS Feed! Follow us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Visit our LinkedIn Profile!
Google+